Welcome to Sokoni which is a sub-section of workspap.com website(s).
Sokoni is an online platform that enables registered users to buy and sell items.
By accessing the Sokoni, you confirm your understanding of the Terms and Conditions.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of use, you shall not use this section.
Workspap Sokoni reserves the right, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of both the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Sale at any time. Changes will be effective when posted on the Site with no other notice provided. Please check these Terms and Conditions regularly for updates. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions constitutes your acceptance of those changes. You agree that if you are unsure of the meaning of any part of these Terms and Conditions or have any questions regarding the Terms and Conditions, you will not hesitate to contact us for clarification.
Use of the Site
For you to sell or buy anything in sokoni, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age or are accessing the Site under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
- Anything that you submit or post to the Site and/or provide to us, including but not limited to, items to be sold, questions, reviews, comments, and suggestions (collectively, "Submissions") might be seen by general public.
- Payment: A merchant who intends to sell his/her item(s) in sokoni must have registered with workspap as either a Service provider, a client, a corporate, a supplier or an intern. In order to post an item in Sokoni, you’ve got to pay for it first. Payment of an item varies based on the item category.
- You shall not post false images pretending to be yours yet they belong to someone else. Images such as those downloaded from the internet are strictly prohibited for upload to sokoni. You agree that you will get original photos/images of your own and post to Sokoni.
- You shall not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any Submissions.
- You shall not post any obscene images or text or videos to sokoni or workspap. Such posts will be deleted without workspap notifying you.
- You will receive email and system message notifications based on the status of your posts. If you would like us to remove your personal information from our database, unsubscribe from emails and/or SMS, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No guarantee of sale: Workspap does not guarantee that item(s) that you post in sokoni will be sold or purchased. Workspap does not guarantee that services you claim to be offering will be requested by clients who visit Sokoni.
- Workspap will not be held responsible or made liable for any damages or injury which may arise as a result of any error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication failure and defect in the information, content, materials, software or other services included on or otherwise made available through our Website.
- Intellectual Property: Both parties agree that all intellectual property rights, whether registered or unregistered, in the Site, shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. Such contents including, but not limited to, text, graphics, software, photos, video,
- Any unauthorized use of the material and content of Sokoni is strictly prohibited and you agree not to, or facilitate any third party to, copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction: These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted and governed by the laws in force in Kenya. Each party hereby agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the Kenyan courts and to waive any objections based upon venue.
- Termination: In addition to any other legal or equitable remedies, we may, without prior notice to you, immediately terminate the Terms and Conditions or revoke any or all of your rights granted under the Terms and Conditions. Upon any termination of this Agreement, you shall immediately cease all access to and use of Sokoni.
- Liability of Parties on the Sokoni Market place: We operate a marketplace which is open for third-parties to sell their products on our site. None of the products listed on the sokoni are owned or sold by us, neither are we involved in the actual sale transaction between the buyers and sellers on the sokoni. The buyer and seller agree that Workspap will be held free from any liability in contract, pre-contract or other representations in tort, for all transactions conducted on the SOKONI.
- Delivery: The seller and the buyer will make their own arrangements on how items sold/bought will be delivered to the buyer, date and time of delivery. This site only provides a platform to link a seller and a buyer. Caution is however given to both sellers and buyers on of Sokoni items against the fraudsters who may have malicious intension to steal or con an individual.
- Return Policy: Workspap does not sell items. It only offers a platform for merchants to sell their items to potential buyers. If an item sold is faulty or does not meet the specification of the buyer, or fails to function as expected by the buyer, the sellers have their own return policies and workspap is not held responsible for such incidences. The buyer and seller will agree on the return policy for each item sold/bought.
- Sellers: The sellers are business men/women, preferably those who own shops. Individuals with single items to sell are highly discouraged from posting items in sokoni.
- Buyer: Buyer is anyone who intends to purchase an item from Sokoni.
- Meet seller in person. Check the quality of an item before purchasing it and ensure it meets your specification and expectation before making any payment.
- Avoid Prepayments before purchase completely. As a buyer, do not make any payment before purchase. You may discuss the cost of delivery but you can pay for the product only after the product is delivered.
- Do not go to remote areas alone or unfamiliar places for collecting goods, services or for an interview.
- Do not disclose any sensitive personal information such as your bank account number, PIN, financial details etc. For corporates that are offering services or goods, you may wish to check their backgrounds before engaging them.
- Avoid anything that appears too good to be true, such as unrealistic low prices of commodities and promises of quick money.